Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My classroom

Yesterday & today, we had inservice at the school where I work to get our rooms ready for the Fall.  Tomorrow & Thursday we have "meet the teacher" days.  Want a tour of my classroom?

Here is the view outside the door in the hall.  There is a door at the end of that hallway, so the sunlight coming in makes it a little bit hard to see things, but I think you can get a pretty good idea of what it looks like.  There is an info board for the parents to see with the monthly newsletter, a calendar of events, daily schedule, class rolls & a line leader sign so that the parents can always congratulate whoever was the 'leader' for the day when they are there to pick up kids.

Once you step inside the room, you're looking across the room at this view.  (the empty shelf is my art center shelf & it will be filled on the first day of school)

See the little table (above) on the right side of the picture?  You can use that as a guide for where this picture (below) is.  It's a view further over to the right.  This is my home center & dollhouse/dress up clothes.

I went over to the kitchen & took a picture looking in the opposite direction next.

See those 2 yellow shelves (above)?  In between them, in that corner to the right, is my reading center.

Looking from the reading center over toward the bathroom, you get this view:

This is my cabinets & counters and the table where my kids sit for lunch & craft time.  All my paperwork for the parents to fill out is there on the counter in nice, tidy stacks.  Won't the parents be happy to see those tomorrow?  (yikes!)

See my closet (above) on the left side of the picture?  Those are my weather & days of the week charts on the door.  To the left of that door is my math/science center.  (although at the moment, it's mostly math manipulatives other than the 1 discovery bottle sitting on top!)

Oh....2 more pictures!  This is my birthday wall (which is over on the wall next to the bathroom--you can see it in the picture above where I was looking in that direction):

And my first of the year bulletin board.  It says "Can you spot your name?".  On the dalmation, each spot has a child's name on it.  Cute, huh?  (I got it from Mailbox magazine, so don't give me credit for it!)

That's about it!  Hope you enjoyed your "visit" to my classroom.  Now line up by the door, keep your hands to yourself & let's see who gets to be the leader today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your classroom is so cute. I want Grace to go there, someday.