Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Larry!

I wrote this for Larry last year on our anniversary.  With very few tweaks, I decided to repost it this year.  I love you, baby!!!  Happy Anniversary!

 

Happy Anniversary Larry!

Sixteen years ago, you walked into my life. I remember the day I met you like it was yesterday. I was at the salad bar at Mazzio's, cleaning up & refilling things. You were standing at the end of the front counter with our manager, Randy. He was giving you your first week's schedule & commenting to you about where you'd parked. I am not sure why those particular details are so vivid, because in those first moments I layed eyes on you....I knew. There was something special about you. There was an immediate chemistry, something that told me you were "the one". Call it butterflies, call it a spark, call it whatever you want. For us, there was absolutely *something* at first sight & I haven't stopped feeling it since. Some people are never lucky enough to share what we do. Some people only feel it briefly when they first fall in love -- that crazy, head over heels, silly, flirty, can't-get-enough-of-you thing. I've been lucky enough to feel that way for the past 16 years.  Every day.  I am truly a rich woman.

In the weeks that followed our meeting, we flirted & eventually began dating. Two years later we were married. On that day, August 20, 1994, I felt like I was on top of the world, floating on a cloud. I had a starry-eyed romantic view of life & 'just knew' that nothing could ever be better than the way I felt about you that day. Boy was I wrong.

In the years since we've been married, the love I have for you has only grown. The intensity & passion I feel for you can't begin to compare to the way I felt on the day we were married. Of course it hasn't all been wine & roses, candlelight & starry skies along the way. We have had our share (and then some) of hard times, but our relationship has remained constant through it all. I never would've dreamed 16 years ago that I'd be standing here today, having lived through all we have, and still holding you as closely as ever, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you for sticking it out in the tough times & celebrating with me in the good times. You are my best friend and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

You are my sunshine, my blue sky, my cool breeze on a hot day. You are the one who quenches my thirst, the key to everything that brings me happiness. Where I fail, you succeed. What I can't see, you describe for me. When I am losing the battle, you step in like a knight in shining armor to save me. You are all that I've ever wanted and I am so grateful for your place in my life.  When I cry, you wipe away my tears and hold me.  When I laugh, you laugh with me.  When I need to rest, you provide a place to lay my head.  When I need encouragement, you lift me up.  You are indeed the one who completes my heart and soul.

Everyone who knows me will tell you that I'm ready for Heaven whenever God chooses to bring me home or returns for us. I can't imagine the depth of excitement I will feel when that trumpet sounds. But until that day, I want nothing more than my little piece of "heaven" right here on earth--with you.

Thank you for loving me the way you do. Looking forward to the next 16 years with you!

All my love, Liz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


 Where have the years gone?  My baby girl has been married 16 years?  I must be old!  I truly feel blessed to have the 3 great sons-in-law I have.  God is good.  Just think, in another 16 years, you will probably be a Grandmother.  Then you can feel proud in a whole new way like I am. Congratulations!  I love you both.
                                                Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so sweet. I kind of teared up, reading it.  You and Larry are blessed!  Chris and I were married in September 1994.  So, we have all been at this about the same length of time.  Love the pictures.  I love the wedding pic.  Beautiful dress, girl!

Anonymous said...


 OOPS!   Mom goofed.  You have been married 14 years, not 16, but Larry has been a part of our lives for 16.  Might as well include those other 2.  He seemed to be around a LOT, since he lived in a dorm at the college and came out every day.  Happy 14th. instead of 16th.  Seems like yesterday when you drove off a married lady and my last chicken was gone from the nest.  I feel blessed to have all 3 of you still married to the original mate.  Not a bad record these days! God it good.  
                                         Mom