Saturday, June 4, 2011

Five Question Friday (oops...it's Saturday!)


1. If you had to choose, how would you prefer to choose to spend money...on landscaping or a pool?
Dang it. This question confuses me. Do I give the grown up, mature, responsible answer .... or what I really want?

See, the grown up, mature, responsible side of me says landscaping. It sure would be nice to have a professional come in & make our yard look amazing & then have them come back to maintain it & take care of it. Plus it would up the resale value of our home should we decide to move someday. Plus, pools are expensive to maintain & we'd need to add a privacy fence to keep all the neighbor kids out of our pool when we weren't home (ya know...to hide the fact that it exists!).

But the other part of me says What the heck? Spend the money on the fence & get the best darn pool you can buy! I'd LOVE to have a pool. We would literally LIVE in it all summer long.....'cuz remember, we live in the tropical rainforest's armpit of America. Between the 100+ degree heat & the sultry 85%+ humidity during 95% of our summer (read: May through October), a pool is like having your own little paradise. (Of course, by August, it's not really refreshing....just feels like you're getting into a hot tub, but hey, at least you're WET.)

Landscaping? A pool? Darn, it's just too hard to decide!

2. Death penalty, yay or nay?
Yay. (and I'm not just cheering for it....that means yes! ha ha)
And I'm in favor of families being able to make the choice to remove life support from a dying family member.
And I'm pro-life.
How does that one suit ya? Confused yet?

3. What's the worst thing your kid has gotten into when you turned your back/blogged/showered/blinked?
Oh my. How long do we have? I wonder what the max number of characters per post blogger will allow. ha!

Seriously, where do I begin?
Savannah cut her hair a time or two & dialed 911 (and then blamed it on her baby brother who didn't even know about numbers yet, let alone how to get them into the right order & press the 'send' button on a cell phone). And then there was that time with the permanent marker she found & 'decorated' her bed, the wall, the door frame....in our rented apartment with the high damage deposit.
Samuel liked to empty things....the kitchen cabinets, his closet (complete with removing all the clothes from the hangers), his toy box, the contents of the entire jar of fish food into the fish tank. And he loved to empty the movie cabinet over & over. See?

Sarah loved to get into my purse & chew entire packages of gum as fast as possible before I found her hiding....or get into the Easter baskets & eat EVERY piece of candy (hers & her sister's one year!) before I found her hiding in their closet. And don't get me started on the boxes & boxes of bandaids that were stuck all over her and the walls. Several times.

Seriously, I could keep going, but I'll stop there.

4. How often do you REALLY go to the dentist?
My mom was a dental assistant when I was a kid, so going to the dentist has never scared me or freaked me out. I went every 6 months for cleanings as a kid & even more often than that when the dentist also became my orthodontist at 9 years old.

After Larry & I got married, we didn't have dental insurance & would often stretch our cleanings out to once a year because we'd have to pay the dentist on a monthly basis til we paid off our visits....and that often took close to a year to get done.

Since having kids, we've endeavored to take them every six months, but there have been a couple times throughout the years that it was only once a year, usually due to finances.

We're actually scheduled to go this coming week! Larry on Thursday & the rest of us on Friday.

5. What is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be a pet-type animal)?
My favorite animal has always been a monkey. Any kind of ape will do, really. I love them all!

1 comment:

Windy Smith said...

1. Obviously we aren't to concerned with landscaping, So POOL it is!

2. Yay

3. Blake-syrup and rubbed it all over his body
Carter- you name it he has done it! A lot like the things you named for Sam but Carter is notorious for tearing this up and drawing on walls and furniture.
Dawson- not to terribly destructive and has never gotten into much

4.We always schedule every six months but we do have to reschedule every now and then

5. I have always loved horses