Friday, June 17, 2011

Five Question Friday


1. What is your favorite summer time activity?
You're going to laugh when I say this.

My favorite summer time activity is sleeping.

Told ya that you'd laugh! Seriously, my most dreaded part about returning to school/work in the Fall is having to give up sleeping late. And the funny thing is, I don't really sleep LATE. But having to get up at 6am the rest of the year makes 8-9am during the summer seem really indulgent! And you better believe that I take an afternoon nap every day that I get a chance during the summer, too!!

2. Do you have one laundry soap you stick to, or do you buy whatever's on sale?
My favorite is Gain original scent. I love the way it smells & it works well. But there are VERY FEW coupons for Gain. And it doesn't often go on sale. And since I am a coupon user & a sale shopper, I often end up buying some other kind of laundry soap simply because it's on sale or I have a coupon. But every chance I get, I buy Gain!

3. What is your favorite dinner to make in the summer?
Veggie/feta pasta salad. Yummy & healthy! But we JUST got a gas tank for our grill (that we just got back in the Spring) so I'm anxiously looking forward to grilling all summer!!! Can't wait to use it Sunday night for the first time---Father's Day!

4. Do you have any talents?
Oh yes. I can survive on little sleep, juggle the schedules of 5 people all at once, break up arguments, entertain a toddler, balance the checkbook, organize the pantry, cook a meal and have a phone conversation all at one time. I am a mom!

5. If you could instantly be an expert in something, what would it be? Why?
playing piano --- I think it's beautiful & have always wished I could magically have the talent to play effortlessly without years of hard work to learn it.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Your piano comment made me think of something. I'm reading this really awesome book called Your God is Too Safe and he talked about how he would never expect himself to be able to magically play the violin beautifully without years of practice and training, yet we expect that from our spiritual life. We think we should just presto chango be holy and godly but it takes TRAINING and the training is prayer.

So, there's your midnight deep thought. You're welcome. Off to bed.

Windy Smith said...

1. I love all summer activities with my kids home but our favorites are swimming and just relaxing.

2. I used to stick with Gain original scent or Tide when on sale but I recently started shopping sales and couponing, so right now I have 10 laundry detergents in all different variates.

3. We love to grill in the summer, so at least once a week we grill hotdogs and hamburgers.

4. I am really crafty

5. I would choose carpentry at this moment in my life, so I could finished our house remodel that has been going on for many years.

Amy said...

I'm with you on the Gain- love the scent. I'm a coupon user/bargain hunter, too... but detergent is one of the few areas I'm willing to pay a little more for, after some bad experiences in the past with the cheap stuff.

I stopped by from Five Question Friday. My answers are posted HERE if you'd like to stop by! :)