Friday, June 24, 2011

Five Question Friday

1. What is your current favorite TV show?
I really don't watch much TV. Honestly, when my friends & family ask if I've seen the latest episode of this or that show, 95% of the time I have to say no. And shhhh! Sometimes I don't even know that the show they mentions exists. This past season of Dancing with the Stars was my first season to watch. We really enjoyed it & got into voting for our favorite dancers each week, but I haven't watched anything on a regular basis since the show ended in May.

With all that said, I enjoy several of the real estate shows on HGTV, but I don't watch them every time they're on. And I often end up watching several of the kids' shows with them while I'm cooking or when they ask me to come & watch a show with them. The TV is usually on Disney channel & Nickelodeon for those shows. I like iCarly, Wizards of Waverly Place & Good Luck Charlie.

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?
The only time in my life that I remember really hating my hair was during the junior high/high school years when no matter what you do, you feel like a dork. But I don't think it had anything to do with a particular cut --- just the time of my life when I hated everything about myself physically.

3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?
Oh gosh. I was a child of the 80's. I think I could go with a "'nuff said" sort of comment here.

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?
I have frugal tips, but I'm not sure that they qualify as "fun tips". They're just tips for saving money with a family in mind. Things like using white vinegar in a Downy ball instead of commercial fabric sofftener.....or clipping coupons & watching the sale papers to use those coupons....or buying generics....or cooking at home 95% of the time & skipping the meals out. I have others but I suppose I don't have a lot of frugal tips for family fun. At our house, if the family wants to have fun together & do it cheap, we stay home & watch a movie from the $1 Blockbuster rental machine. And if we're really feeling crazy, we'll pop some popcorn & maybe buy a couple sodas to drink/eat while we're watching the movie.

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?
That's a hard one.

On one hand, I have always said that flying is a vacation in itself for me. Since it's so rare that we take a long trip that requires a flight, it's a treat for me to get on an airplane at all. I like flying! It's really cool to get into a big metal tube in one state & get out in another state. Yes, I realize that in that manner it's similar to a bus ride, but I really just like flying!

But on the other hand, I really don't like long car rides. Traffic, big overpasses and driving on the freeway all scare me. But we have some of the best conversations & have made some really great memories in the car over the years! And some of those really long trips in the car have led us to see some really cool things & pretty parts of the country that we never would've seen otherwise.

So I don't know. My instinct says I'd fly, but maybe I'd drive home just for the experience.

1 comment:

Annie Grace said...

Currently I would say flying is a grand plan as we are stilllllll on the rd!!!! Lol.