Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book Review: The Shelter of God's Promises by Sheila Walsh


I received this book several months ago from BookSneeze to review for my blog. You can find out more about BookSneeze by visiting www.booksneeze.com.

Like so many other Sheila Walsh books I've read in the past, this one was fabulous! Mrs. Walsh has such a talent for story telling and applying Biblical truth. In this book, she shares story after story from her life where challenges about fear, self-confidence and strength arose. And then she turns around & points the reader to Scripture and applies her situation to a Biblical story & shines the light on her situation, thus encouraging her readers.

My favorite part of this book is that it includes a Bible study at the end. Readers can take part in the study on their own or they can join with others to create a group study.

I would definitely recommend this book to other women.

I am so very excited to finish this book just a few weeks shy of Mrs. Walsh's visit to my hometown next month! I am going to take the book with me & see if she will autograph it! Such a beautiful woman, inside & out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your review! I am charged with the task of finding a study for our Woman's Bible study in the Fall and appreciated your take on this book! This book might just be the one we use!