Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Blog addiction

No, I don't mean that I'm addicted to MY blog, although I really do love it.  I'm referring to the gazillion OTHER blogs I read or check in on nightly...or at least several times a week.  I have a whole file in my favorites of blogs that I check.  Church friends (current or old churches I've gone to), friends I've met online, blogs of sick people that I like to keep up with, IRL friends (that's in real life...had to abbreviate to make it fit into my favorites file name), and then just other blogs I like to read because they're funny or interesting or inspiring or whatever.  Do you check other people's blogs regularly?  Whose do you read?  Wanna see my list?  Email me!

Tonight, while reading http://www.supernannywhereareyou.com/, I came across her Tuesday Top 5 post & decided that I'd play along.

The idea is to tell your top 5 favorite things about living wherever you currently live.  She used pictures to show her favorite things, so I will too!  :)

1.  I love our schools.  The kids have been taught by great teachers thus far & our district is just the right size...not too big, not too small.

school-mutedbk.gif school background image by floppy_tulip

2.  The pretty, shady, tree-lined streets.  There is so much green everywhere you look in our little town.  I love that there are tree frogs croaking & birds chirping......not honking horns & jack-hammer noise.

DSC_0925.jpg Street image by ktolley

3.  The lake.  We may not get out there very often, but it's so peaceful & pretty.

the-lake.jpg the lake image by aaronavery

4.  Family---all of our family lives pretty closeby.

family.png family image by rhiann-marie

5.  I love the fact that, in our area, there is a church on every corner.  There are plenty of places to choose from if you want to go to church.  Faith is high on most people's list around here.  I know that is not the case in other parts of this country & I feel blessed to live in the middle of the Bible belt.

(this is actually a picture of my church...the rest were pictures I swiped off of photobucket)

 
So....what are your 5 favorite things about living where you are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you I have lots of Blogs to check and read..  I like the ones that send you an email when its been updated though..  And I read way too many St Judes ones too :(

Sandy