Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Sept 26

Since Larry discussed his trip a little bit on his facebook page, I figure it's ok for me to mention it here.  Due to safety concerns, I'm not going into detail of where he is, what he's doing or how long he'll be there....but, here's the scoop on what I can say.

This morning, before we left to go to the church (where he joined the others), I had to take a picture.  After all, I make all the kids pose like this before going to camp!  He was a good sport & played along.

We got into the car & cranked it.  Then he remembered that he'd forgotten his glasses.  I turned off the van, gave him the keys (to get back into the house) & waited.  He got back in & we left the driveway.

Then he remembered something else.  That's our house in the picture.  Yep....we didn't make it far.  Finally, we left.  We got to the church & joined the others in loading the ministry boxes into the van.  Afterward, we loaded all the team's luggage.  Don't worry...there were 2 vans.  This is the one w/ all the ministry boxes.

After a huddle with the group & some prayer time, they were off!  See?

I got into the car, said a prayer for their safety while they travel & went to work.  I felt like this.

So I did what any intelligent, independant, responsible, strong woman would do.

Yep, it worked.  I've felt just fine all day today!  :)  We'll see how I do with my Cub Scout mama responsibilities tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...



   I would have had a Snickers and a Coke.  To each her own!  I am praying for the team's safety too and success with their mission endeavors.   He should come home with quite a tale to tell.  Did he take a camera?  Call Mommy if you need me.  Love you.                             Mom

Anonymous said...

LOL. Oh my gosh, it would have taken me a lot more chocolate than that little role of Rolos!!