Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Sept 28

Into the wee hours of this morning (about 1:15am to be exact), I heard from Larry via email!!!!  Yahoo!  I was so tickled to get his emails & get to "talk" to him in real time.  I had hoped & figured he might get online, so I stayed up & voila---I "saw" him!  I miss ya baby.  Here are some excerpts from his emails:

"I crashed as soon as I saw a bed."
 
"the flight was good.  the first leg sure was long, i got pretty stiff, but I watched four movies.  that was pretty cool.  they had an interactive screen that would trak the flight and tell  you where were at each time.  I think we ate 4 times on that flight.  I lost trak."
 
"The city we stopped in to eat was a real mix of 2 worlds.  You can see the old soviet influence in the architecture, the way the street are laid out.  then you see mcdonalds and satelites hanging out the window of each of the apartment windows.  what a mix."
 
"the pastor took me to the church i will preach in this morning.  it is beautiful.  it is round looking thing.  3 story.  It reminds me of the old drawings i have seen of Spurgeons church."
 
"Oh, just so you know, the urinal in the mens room, is like a gold fish bowl on the wall that does not flush."
 
"I preached this morning.  The church very beautiful.  lots of natural light and great accoustics.  the hold thing is round.  the choir sang and there was testimony time.  they sang a couple of songs that we knew the tune too.

Leslie Brotherton interpreted for me.  We worked well together."
 
"the  homes are late 1800 model, some have been re done and are great.  other are need some tlc.  the streets were cobble stone.  the pastor's  house reminds me of a southern american type, formal sitting and dinning room.  the pastor has travled lots.  he had many books from around the world.  on top of one table and shelf were books about Texas"
 
As for our day back home, it was a good one.  Our church had their big groundbreaking ceremony this morning for the Family Life/Community Center we're building.  The mayor, chief of police & several other local 'celebrities' were there.  A quick shot of the service itself:
 
You can learn more about the church's project here:  http://www.roseheights.org/3Dvideo.htm
 
We came home, ate lunch & took a nap (I was tired from staying up so late to hear from Larry last night!) and accomplished quite a few things I needed to get done for work tomorrow.  We spent the evening watching a movie & just hanging out.  It was a great day.
 
I'm going to take a shower now & will send Larry a quick email before heading to bed.  Gotta actually sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, I'm not sure you will remember me...its Tiffany from the march 01 boards. I just read your post about Larry. My dh just came back last week from Khazakstan for work and he said it was really interesting! We moved to Dallas a yr ago from Sc and have so far really enjoyed it! I think of ya'll when i pass the Tyler exits when we are driving back to Sc!

Hope Larry has a wonderful trip! The time difference is awful and so confusing for the kids to understand that dad was a day ahead of us!