Monday, September 29, 2008

Mon Sept 29

I would make an awful military wife.

I have friends whose husbands have been deployed for as much as a year at a time.

And here I am, 4 days into this trip Larry's on......and I'm dying.  I am REALLY beginning to miss my sweetie.  This is part of an email I just sent him a little bit ago:

Ya know, I've gotta tell you.... it's nearly 11pm on day 4 of you being gone.  We're ok, but I'm beginning to miss you like crazy.  I need my buddy around to tease & hug & hold & snuggle up to in bed.  These first few days have gone by pretty quick and I have been OK.  People have asked me if I was doing alright with being so far away from you for so long & I have truthfully told them I'm ok.  But the novelty of having a whole bed to spread out in is wearing off.  I am missing your sense of humor & your jokes & just hearing your voice.  I want to touch your face & hold you tight & kiss you.  I guess I figured that since you're often at work late or whatever that this trip wouldn't be so hard because I'm kind of used to taking care of a lot of things on my own.  But, well.....it sucks.  I'm not too good at this after all. 
 
Take care & be safe over there.  Stay clear of the drunken knife-wielding folks.  Tell them about God, hug them and let them know that the One seated on the throne loves them.  Hold the children, flirt with the old ladies, offer them a little touch of Jesus, and then come home to me safe & sound on Saturday.  I'm praying that these last few days go by quickly.  I miss you baby.  I'll go wipe my tears now & take a shower.
 
I Love you!
 
You see?  Good grief.....I would never survive a year-long deployment.  Girlfriends, my hat is off to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would never make it being married to a military man either.. I think it would be a little easier if you could hear his voice and not just words by email... Saturday will be here before you know it and he will come back so blessed for all his work he is doing..