Wednesday, September 17, 2008

firsts

Tomorrow holds 2 'firsts' for my firstborn.  Tomorrow she will experience her first pep rally & her first junior high football game, both as a band member.  Tomorrow she will wear her band Tshirt to school for the first time and Larry & I will don our matching band parent Tshirts.  Tomorrow night, she will wear her band 'uniform' (all white, which I think is INSANE, but no one asked me) to the football game.  Tomorrow, she will sit in the stands with the band & play her French Horn.  (Don't worry...there WILL be pictures!)

I'm excited for her.  I'm excited to get to be a part of the great band "family" that I feel like I'm just joining in on.  In middle school & high school, I thought it was nerdy to be in band, so I never joined.  My husband, on the other hand, was a band geek right through high school (wink!) and actually got a college band scholarship as well.  Then again, I thought boy scouts & girl scouts were nerds, too.  Then I married an Eagle Scout.  But I digress...

Tomorrow will be a great day of 'firsts' for my sweet girl.  What a fun day it will be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


  There better be pictures.  Wish I could be there.  Proud of my little "Geek" family.          Mama

Anonymous said...

How fun.. For the record the Geeks (my daughter too) are usually the ones that stay out of trouble which is a good thing...lol