Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sunset

A couple of years ago, I was at the library with my kids & went over to look through the "grown up" section (as opposed to the childrens' books).  I had been through a series of Francine Rivers books & read all that the library had of hers, so I turned to face another section of Christian fiction books.  They were by Karen Kingsbury, another author I had been told was AWESOME.  I had never read any of her stuff & picked up the first one I saw.  It was a book called Redemption.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into....and boy am I glad!  I read this book in a matter of 2 or 3 days.  It was soooooooooo good.  Immediately, I was hooked.  It turns out that I had stumbled upon the first book of the Redemption series.  There are 5 books in that series.

After those 5 books, a new series based on the same characters & storyline began.  And after that series, another one.

All together, I've been following the Baxter family through 13 books!  All of the Redemption series, then all of the Firstborn series, and then the first 3 books of the Sunrise series.  TODAY, the final book of the Sunrise series was released.  It's the final book of this series of serieses.

For a few months now, I've been anxiously awaiting the release of THIS BOOK!  I can't wait to get my hands on it.  I feel like I"ve been a part of this family's lives for the past couple of decades because the books have covered about a 15 year timespan.  If you like Christian fiction at all, I HIGHLYYYYYYYYYYYY recommend these books.  The family of characters is so very REAL.  Nothing churchy-religious-holier than thou about these books.  The family involved has real problems & real faith.  Watching how they trust God to get them through so many different things is what makes the books so good.  You'll laugh along w/ the characters.  You'll cry like a baby at other points.  The author is amazing!

If you read it, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you know I LOVE her books..  I am on the waiting list at the library for this new one.. I have read all of her other books too and only have a couple to go :(