Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's almost my birthday....

Last year for my birthday, I posted 32 facts about me, so I've begun working on my list for this year! I'll be turning 33 on Nov. 9th, so watch for 33 new facts about me then!

Until that time, feel free to mail your gifts & cash to ..... ha ha! Just kidding!

Seriously, earlier this year, a friend of mine (Hi Kathy J!) emailed me about joining a 'birthday club'. I was intrigued by the idea. She explained how it worked and I couldn't resist joining. There are about 8 or 9 ladies who are members. Their birthdays are spread out over the calendar year. Each of them has filled out a little "about me" survey type of thing including facts about their favorite things. Each month, the group's moderator sends out a message reminding us that there is a birthday coming up. She posts the birthday girl's survey & address and gives everyone enough notice to ship a gift in time for their special day. It can be as simple as a card, a pack of their favorite gum, a kitchen towel, a $5 walmart gift card or whatever. It's been so much fun! And now it's just about time for the birthday gifts to start arriving on my doorstep! I can't wait to see what sort of goodies I get! When they arrive, I'll make sure & share about them!

I talked to some of my friends a few months ago about forming our own birthday club this coming year. I've had a few who were interested, so I think I may host a birthday club in 2009. If you want to join in, email me for details!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is such a cool idea! I have never heard of a birthday club before :)

Faye M. said...

I worked with someone who was part of a birthday club. They always got together to eat out and gave each other $10.00. There were 10 of them, so on your birthday, you got $100.

Anonymous said...

What?! Wait...you CAN'T be turning 33! No! Just not possible! Why, that means I'm turning 36 on the 30th of November. Nope! Ain't happenin'!