Wednesday, October 15, 2008

wow..yum

Tonight after church, I picked up Sarah from her class. She was carrying a paper plate with some sort of wrap thing on it. As she got closer, I realized that it was a tortilla filled with peanut butter, shredded carrots, peanuts, marshmallows and something else (can't remember what). I made a gross face at her & asked why on earth she'd put all that stuff together. Seemed like a pretty odd combination of ingredients.

And then she got teary-eyed and said "I made it for you!".

I felt about 1" tall as I apologized & told her how much I appreciated it. She'd actually made 2 (one for herself & one for me). She had already eaten hers & had left a bite or two on the plate. I picked up one of those little bites and ate it....and then found Larry & offered him a bite as well. :::snicker, snicker::: He quickly picked it up & choked it down (err....enjoyed his yummy delicious bite).

I assured Sarah that I'd take the other wrap to school in my lunchbox tomorrow, but on the way home, Samuel ate about 2/3 of it. He loved it! (oh my....he's such a BOY!)

2 comments:

Jamey said...

aww I hate when that happens, but you had to eat it after that! Good Mommy!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Don't you just love those "proud" mommy moments?