Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Oct 30th

Today was Day 1 (of 2) of my class parties. Instead of calling it a Halloween party or a Fall Fest party or whatever, we have Pizza & Pajama parties. The kids and all of the teachers wear their PJs to school and we have a pizza party at lunchtime. It's great fun. I put my hair in pigtails & probably looked like a dork, but "my" kids loved it. I don't have a pic of my pajamas (but seriously, it wasn't that exciting...red sweatpants & a gray Wrangler T-shirt...which really IS what I sleep in most of the time), but I did get a shot of my hair for the day.
I started out like this.
I quickly realized that getting slapped in the face by braided pigtails all day would NOT be fun, so I changed it...to THIS. (I just unbraided them....ahhh, much better!)
Of course, I had a headache by the end of the day from having my hair pulled up like that all day. But it was worth it. Nothing that a little Tylenol won't cure. :)
After I got the kids picked up from school & Larry came home, it was time for us to all go get our hairs cut. (ha ha...did you get my joke there? Yes, I am a preschool teacher. I laugh at stupid stuff sometimes.) I just needed a trim. Samuel & Sarah, too. But Savannah.....well, I wanted them to do SOMETHING with her hair. I just couldn't get excited about continuing to see my sweet baby girl with such flat, lifeless hair. She's got super thin, fine hair & it just lays flat on her head all the time. I love her just like she is, but I was hoping that the salon lady could give us some ideas on something else to do...a new cut or style? She reminded me that thin, straight hair will always look flat & lifeless when it's longer. It needs to be shorter & layered to have a little body. And so, without further adieu.....
Before (this is her school pic that we just got back yesterday--isn't it great??! It would be the ONE day that her hair was fluffed up a little bit & not laying totally flat on her head.):
And AFTER:
Of course, in this pic, it hadn't been styled or curled or really done anything with....but we'll get there. She wasn't truly this GIDDY about the pic, but she had just made a series of silly faces & this was the first one I snapped after she'd made a semi normal face for me. Silly goose!
And hey...I keep forgetting to show you. Instead of carving the pumpkin this year, we bought a $3 kit from Walmart that works like a Mr. Potatohead. It has a bunch of pieces that you poke into the pumpkin to change out the face & features. Right now, we have a puppy. We had a pig last week. How cute is this??
Tomorrow evening we will go to the church's Halloween carnival (err...Family Fun Fest). I'll be sure to post pictures of my little policeman & slumber party girls!

2 comments:

terri said...

The hair cut is really cute on her.

And that is a clever idea for the potato head pumpkin face. We're painting ours tomorrow. :)

SandyL said...

The pumpkin kit is adorable.. I always hated carving the thing and messing it up..lol