Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a Saturday!

Most of our Saturdays begin with sleeping later than we get to sleep the rest of the week.

Not today!

Savannah had to be at the school by 8:00 to participate in the annual Rose Parade. (not the one in Pasadena, CA, mind you...right Pam? ha ha) Our little small town festival was last week (remember the other parade she was in?) and this week, it was the festival for the town we are next door to. Since it's a major event, our band group got to be in this one, too. We dropped her off at 8am and then made our way across town to sit & watch the parade. The newspaper reporter who photographed my mom & I last Saturday was there for this parade, too. She got a picture of Larry & I and the kids watching from the sidewalk where we sat. This was before the parade got started. The photographer handed Sarah a card that explained how to get to the pictures online. It was business card sized. The rest of the day Sarah pulled it out & handed it to me every hour or so to remind me that we'd have to get online tonight to see her picture! ha ha! Yes, honey...I remember.


The reporter shot tons of pictures of our band group, but this is the only one where I could find Savannah. See the ponytailed girlie on the left side in front of the big drum? Yep...that's my girl.

As soon as the parade was over, it was time to make our way to the little town 1.5 hours from here where my nephew would get married today. We arrived plenty early, which was a relief. I was afraid we'd be rushing to get there in time. I was able to help my sister out with some of the last minute details of being the groom's mom and got to meet my new niece-in-law before the wedding began. During the wedding, I snapped a few pictures. Here is the bride coming down the aisle.

And my handsome nephew, standing on the stage eyeballing his bride. This was during the time that Larry was asking "who gives this woman in marriage?".

Here's the sweet couple during the ceremony. That's my cutie-pie hubby behind them, performing the ceremony.

All in all, it was a very FULL day. We left the house at 7:45am and didn't get back home til 9:00 tonight! It was long & very busy, but it was a great day!

Tomorrow morning, our church celebrates its annual Mission Sunday. We have presentations by all the groups & missionaries that our church supports. Part of the service is a presentation of all the flags of countries where our denomination has a missionary. Savannah & I get to participate this year and carry a flag. Should be a great service!

3 comments:

SandyL said...

Sounds like a busy day.. That is so cool that you were in the newspaper pictures again..What is the chance of that happening twice..lol

Unknown said...

wow!!! what a gorgeous couple..., and the the bride and groom are pretty good looking too!!! LOL

Jamey said...

That is a busy day! looks like it was fun though, I love weddings. I am am sure you were a proud mama too!