Monday, October 13, 2008

Movie Quotes

I saw this on a friend's blog & thought "how fun!"....so I'm playing along. (which really interprets to 'i have the day off & before i go eat lunch with all three kids, i'm goofing off.')

Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.

2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.

3. Post them here for everyone to guess.

4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.

Ready? In random order, my quotes:

1. I'm going back to Australia; I might never see you again.

2. Jamie has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better (John & she who must be obeyed got this one -- A Walk to Remember)
3. Dear new tenant, welcome to your new home. I'm sure you'll love living here as much as I did. (Lisa got this one-- The Lake House)

4. I'll take that as a yes. Listen to me. You have fantasised, quite convincingly that you have rented an apartment that in fact belongs to somebody else.

5. If is wasn't for me, you would probably still be singing in some run-down rat hole for a bunch of fat cowgirls from Iowa.

6. No, don't get me wrong it's a fine neck, it's just that i haven't had a patient over the age of 6 in the past 5 years. (John & she who must be obeyed got this one-- The Wedding Planner)

7. I'd make a good husband, Jenny (Nathan got this one---Forrest Gump)

8. It's such a nice sounding word for what it means: a fortunate accident. (John got this one--Serendipity)

9. Well, I don't think you're leaving. I think you're running. And what I can't figure out is, are you running towards something you want? Or are you running away from something you're afraid to want?

10. Can I just spray a little PAM down there right before the baby comes out? (Nathan got this one too-- Baby Mama)


Sorry about the weird spacing all the way through...I can't get all of blogger's quirks figured out.

7 comments:

Nathan said...

Ok. The easy one: 7 is Forest Gump.

and I saw 10 on the way back from Romania: Baby Momma.

wjcollier3 said...

i think 8 is serendipity. i'll try for more later.

Lisa said...

Is #3 The Lake House? That was a good movie! :)

wjcollier3 said...

liz, i think you just gave lisa credit for getting your third rule right. btw, that rule was not from the lake house.

wjcollier3 said...

i talked to she who must be obeyed, and we think 2 is from a walk to remember and 6 is from the wedding planner. and yes, i watch them with her.

Liz said...

LOL! Oops...you're right John. I creditted Lisa w/ Rule #3 when I meant to give her quote #3. I'll fix that!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Liz this is so fun. I love Serendipity!!! It's the best ~swoon~