Friday, October 10, 2008

ahhh...it's Friday

Friday.
For so many people, that's the only word I need to say for them to "get" it. But for anyone else reading, let me explain. :)

Today was the end of 2 weeks of Community Helpers. This was the theme/unit in my classroom for the past two weeks. And let me tell ya, after growing up with a fireman (dad) & 2 firemen (brothers-in-law) and a fireman/paramedic/cop husband, I do love me some community helpers. But after teaching it for two weeks, to 3 year olds, well, I was done. I was happy to take down all the stuff from my walls, classroom window, door & bulletin board today. Onward....next week is "Spiders".

Today meant the beginning of the weekend. Tomorrow (Saturday) is the small town festival parade here in my hometown. I wouldn't get all wound up about a parade, but 2 of my 3 kids are in it. (yes, you can plan to check back tomorrow for pictures!) It also means that Sunday is coming. Sunday's my favorite day of the week--the refueling, refreshing day that gets me through the rest of the week!

Today also meant the beginning of a 3 day weekend. I'm off on Monday! Hooray!

Friday is a precious word around the school where I work. Don't get me wrong. We wouldn't work there if we didn't LOVEEEEEEE our job & want to be there, but even the most loving, dedicated teacher of preschoolers is ready for a break by the week's end. So "Friday" is spoken with the utmost reverance, honor & celebration!!! Yahoo! It's FRIDAY!

No comments: