Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who is Dolores?

Yesterday I got a forwarded email from someone about looking for a piano for their school. I didn't recognize the person's name or email address, but the headers were intact, so I scrolled through trying to see if I recognized any of the other people who'd gotten the email. I started to delete the whole thing & just forget it. After all, that would make sense, right? Instead, I decided to ask the sender how we know each other. I explained that I didn't recognize their name/address. This morning, I got this email in reply. (I've deleted the person's last name to protect them.)

I'm hoping this will help, we worked together for years. I taught 4 year
old children at Wheatley, but now I work at Dowling. Have you guessed it
yet?

It's Dolores ---------. I miss you guys, I forwarded the
piano email to everyone in my address book, and you were one of the lucky
ones. Let me know if you hear anything.
Hugs,
dolores

Of course, now I want to know who in the world this person is!!! I have no idea what Wheatley or Dowling are. I wrote back & said as much and even included a picture of myself & said "do you know this person?". ha ha!

So, umm.....if any of you have a nickname (like Dolores, maybe?), please fill me in!
P.S. How do you like the new colors? I went & Halloweened-up the blog with colors & music. Yep...I'm festive like that.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is really weird!

And yes, the blog looks cute :)

Jamey said...

that is crazy, people are strange, and to have your e-mail too, weird. Yes I love the color change I love fall!

Ruth said...

Don't know if you want to email this person again, but I know a church in Oklahoma City that is giving away a baby grand piano! It has 1 malfunctioning pedal and that's all that's wrong with it. Let me know if you'd like to follow up on it.

Glad I reread your blog and saw you'd moved!

Liz said...

Ruth---email me w/ the info. I'll fwd it to her. My email is Lizreeves2@aol.com. I seem to have lost yours.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I had that happen to me on facebook. I kept getting a friend request from this girl, who said I knew her when she was a child, and that I was friends with her parents. No, I don't think so. ha ha .