Saturday, October 11, 2008

Great Saturday!

This morning was great. We went to the Yesteryear/Homecoming parade & really had fun! Larry & Samuel both marched with the Cub Scouts. Savannah is in the jr. high band. I have not entirely mastered blogger's picture posting stuff yet, so until I figure out how to get them in order & such, peruse the mish-mash of photos below.

This first one is Larry walking in the parade. He was at the back of the scouts, sort of watching to make sure no one got separated from the group. He really is NOT walking by himself like it appears. ha ha!



And because I was not able to get a picture of Samuel while he was actually IN the parade (people kept walking in front of him as I was trying to take a picture!), he asked me to take his picture in the van on the way home! ha ha!


This picture was on the newspaper's website. They have photographer's out & about at parades & other community events. This is the band all lined up before the parade. Can you spot my sweet little shorty?



The newspaper folks also took this one. Samuel's the one in the red vest, standing over on the right.


When the band reached the place where my mom & I were standing to watch the parade, they had to stop & mark time for a minute while the bottlenecked groups up ahead of them moved. Perfect photo op!!! Savannah's on the left. My niece is on the right. (They play the same instrument & stand beside each other!)


The newspaper photographer took one of mom & I watching the parade, too!


Sarah went to a sleepover last night for her little girlfriend's birthday. I knew on the drive home that she was cranky & obviously tired, so I made her lay down this afternoon. Sure enough, she zonked out in about 10 minutes and slept for 2 hours! She was a sleepy baby!
All in all, it was a sweet Saturday! Now I'm all geared up for next week's Rose Parade and the upcoming Christmas parade. It'll be here for we know it!!!

2 comments:

Faye M. said...

It is always a joy to get to be a part of my grandkids' lives. It was fun to be there to see them march in the parade and take part in a community activity. Looking forward to more of the same for many years! Thanks for including me in your day. Mom

carrie said...

How fun! Plus, it tired the kiddos out . . . double bonus! :)