Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. What temperature do you keep your thermostat on during the day?
We are Eskimos at my house. Only 1 of the kids is cold natured. The rest of us sweat all the time, so that 1 kiddo has to throw on an extra layer most of the time. (She doesn't seem to mind, though.) During hot weather, we keep it on 74-76 during the day. Don't remember what we do during the winter.

2. What temperature do you keep your thermostat on at night?
I hate to be hot or to have it feel 'stuffy' at night. I must have some air flowing around me or I'll sweat & then I'm miserable & can't sleep. Fortunately, all of us like to sleep cold, so we set it to 69 at night.

3. In a canister of mixed nuts, do you pick out certain varieties and leave the others?
If they're salted, I'll eat any of them. However, cashews & almonds are my favorite. yum!

4. What is your favorite kind of M&M?
It used to be the plain ones, but now they've got so many yummy flavors that it's hard to choose. I like the peanut butter ones & the pretzel ones & the coconut ones. But the peanut ones have grown on me over the years, too. So umm....yeah, just give me an M&M & I'll be happy. (But please none of those weird strawberry-mixed ones that came out briefly a couple years ago.)

5. How do you buy books? (Amazon, bookstore, new, used, electronic, etc)
Most of mine come from half.com or Amazon.com. Savannah has an e-reader & uses it some. But all of my books are on paper.

6. How do you like your eggs cooked?
Any way you cook 'em. (Fried is my least favorite, though.)

7. Can you whistle?

Yes! Do it all the time & drive my husband crazy. ;)

8. What common word do you always misspell?
I only found out recently that I've been misspelling embarrass for years. Either that or all the online spell checkers are wrong & I've been right all this time. I always spelled it with only 1 R, but apparently there are 2.

9. Are you afraid of flying?
no

10. How often do you go shopping?
I grocery shop once a week. But if this is referring to shopping for things like clothes/shoes, etc, then only when necessary. I'd love to have loads of money to spare to spend on things like that all the time, but I don't. I usually replace jeans when they get so threadbare that they rip....and shirts when they go out of style....and shoes when I wear a hole through the sole. Seriously, it's not at the top of my priority list. :)

No comments: