Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Want to Know Wednesday


1. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. No one has screwed it up with gifts or holiday icons or other dumb holiday stuff that seems to accompany pretty much every other big day. This one is just about being thankful & spending time with family.

2. Do you have any fun holiday traditions? What are they?
Oh please. I could write 10 posts about those. If you really want to know, check the archives for holiday times. I post about what we're doing every year.

3. When do you start Christmas shopping?
As soon as I can, but for the past several years, it's closer to Christmas than 4th of July. We have to get a loan every year to buy our Christmas gifts & while that's perfectly OK, it just means that we want to wait as long as possible before getting that loan ('cuz then we have to start making payments).

4. What is your favorite holiday food?
That's hard. I like it all. The veggies, the meats, the desserts....everything!

5. Share a favorite childhood holiday memory.
My older sister, Cindy, would always come wake me up at like 4am to go see what Santa brought me. We'd quietly tip toe to the living room & shut the door & take a look, then got back in bed til the rest of the family woke up.

6. Have you ever actually tried fruitcake??
No.

No comments: