Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10/25 Today I am grateful for........


Today I am grateful for my son, Samuel.

In March of 2000, my world changed. After living as a girl my whole life & having given birth to a little girl 3 1/2 years before, all the sudden I needed to take care of a little boy. While I had been given the gift of many years with only nephews born from 1987-1994, they had never lived with me 24 hours a day.

While I still don't always understand him (after all, who really understands boys?!), I can't imagine my life without him. He is a sweet boy, but he's messy & loud & stinky & sticky. Lucky for me, I hear that's how all little boys are, so obviously I'm not the only one who cringes at the dirty fingernails & the sweaty hugs & sticky countertops. I'm not the only mom picking sticks & rocks & dirt out of pockets when I do laundry or reading "Will you be my girlfriend? Check yes or no" notes with a melting heart.

Sam is a funny kid. He has been since birth. As a toddler, he had us in stitches all the time and continues to crack us up on a regular basis.

Thank goodness for little boys! I love you my Snuggleboy!

P.S. We got the results of his testing back today. He does indeed have ADHD-inattentive type.

No comments: