Saturday, October 8, 2011

Five Question Friday

1. What is your go to comfort food or sweet?
Stouffer's frozen mac & cheese. Oh my word.

2. What is the most romantic place you've ever been to?
Every single time that Larry & I take a weekend & go somewhere alone, it's the most romantic place I've ever been. Seriously, I am not a real picky girl. No high maintenance stuff here. Just take me somewhere, spend time with me, treat me like a queen for a couple days and I'm yours forever.

3. What is your favorite thing about fall/Halloween?
You know, 10 years ago my answer to this question would've been totally different. I would've told you all the reasons that I was anti-Halloween. And to be honest, I still am not a fan of the creepy, scary, bloody, gorey stuff. I still won't let my kids dress up like freaky-looking stuff. No eyeballs danging from a mask or costumes that would frighten little children! THAT is the stuff I was always "anti-Halloween" for!

But as the kids have gotten older, I've come to enjoy it. I like giving them 1 night a year to be silly & dress up in funny costumes for the sake of begging for candy. Whether we go trick or treating through a neighborhood or to a church carnival, it's a hoot to see them create costumes just for the sake of candy!

And the older I get, the more I become my mom! ha ha! When I was little, she was a dental assistant, so that means there were lots of candies I was never allowed to eat. Mom's basic rule was if you can't just chew it up & swallow it, it's bad for your teeth & you need to get rid of it. And I tend to cull out those same sorts of candies when the kids come home on Halloween night. We only save a few suckers, gummy things and hard candies.

4. How would you spend 24 hours alone?
I'd nap, get a massage (at least 2 hours!), get a pedicure, take another nap, eat all the things that I normally can't or won't cook because my family won't eat it, and spend a whole lot of time with Jesus!

5. Does you husband bring you flowers? Are you the bring-me-flowers type of girl?
We both enjoy getting gifts, but we are usually too broke for costly things like flowers. So I am happy when he comes home with a Dr. Pepper for me. :) But yes, I would love flowers any day!

No comments: