Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday (oops...on Wednesday!)

1. How do you take your coffee?
In the most non-existent way possible!

2. Do you prefer soft or crispy chocolate chip cookies?
soft!

3. Do you wear a belt everyday?
No, but I did wear a belt for the first time in years a few weeks ago!

4. What is your favorite color combination?
red/navy, red/black, brown/pink, brown/blue

5. Do you like sour candy?
yes

6. How often do you do laundry?
I do a little bit every day---well, the washing/drying part anyway. This week I've tried a new system of folding everything but the towels/rags/socks as it comes out of the dryer. It's been OK. Usually I don't have time to deal with it & I just let it stack up til the weekend when I fold it all at one time.

7. Did you ever wear braces?
Oh yes. When I was 9, I started orthodontics, but it wasn't braces right away. I got to "enjoy" many years of appliances of one variety or another. My least favorite was the one you had to bite down into to keep it in place. It sat between my upper & lower teeth & was created to work on my bite because my lower jaw & upper jaw weren't lining up correctly. You couldn't talk (at all) with it in your mouth because it would flop between your teeth & string spit. Oh yeah, it was pretty.

Because a previous ortho had me get 8 baby teeth pulled, those "holes" were closing up with the remaining baby teeth and we had to deal with getting all THOSE teeth moved back into the right positions so that my adult teeth would have a place to come in at all. And then when they were all finally in, we could start with braces. I was in 6th or 7th grade (can't remember which) when I got my upper braces. The following year I got lower braces. I had the lower ones until I was 18!

Seriously, NINE years of orthodontic work in one form or fashion. So when my oldest child whined about 4 years in braces, I may or may not have played the world's tiniest violin for her.

8. Are you good at Roman Numerals?
Yes & no. I can do all of them up to 50, but then I start forgetting which numbers are represented by which letters. If you give me a cheat sheet for that, I can rock the roman numerals.

9. What is your favorite form of social media?
Facebook & blogging

10. How do you feel about chin dimples?
I just see John Travolta in Grease in my head when I think of chin dimples....and I loved him in that movie!

No comments: