Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer: Day....well, the last one


I've lost track of my numbers on summer days, but whatever today is, it's the last one.

I'm bummed that summer is over, but I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that we never got out the Slip & Slide. And we didn't eat nearly enough snowcones. And my number of days that I slept late (ya know, past 8:00am) is very small. And I didn't take enough pictures. And we didn't go swimming enough.

But ya know what? It's time to get back in a routine & look forward to Friday night football games and all the good things that the school year brings!

I will be able to get back in gear on my workout schedule.

The kids will be heading to bed earlier at night.

I'll have more time to read my Bible & spend some quiet time with God in the mornings.

The kids will get to see their friends that they've missed during the summer.

They'll be reading more (well, 2 of the 3 anyway....Savannah reads plenty on her own).

Yep, it's that time of year again. Gotta hurry up & go to bed. 6:00am comes awful early. Goodnight!

No comments: