Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Want to Know Wednesday


1. What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
Like most moms will tell you, it boils down to 2 things. (1) Trust your instincts. and (2) Sleep when your baby sleeps. It may have taken me 3 kids to finally follow that advice, but when it finally sunk in, I was a better mom/wife/person for it!

2. What is your greatest accomplishment?
At this moment in my life, I would have to say raising 3 kids.

3. Who do you admire?
So many people....mostly Godly women who are transparent & honest about their lives. No facades, no hiding behind a veil of superiority or perfectionism. Women who fully rely on God & are REAL.

4. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Ok, the most obvious answer from the chubby girl is "I'd weigh less." But what I've learned so many times in life is that reaching that next goal (whatever it is) will not change you are. And I like who I am. So if I reach my goals in life (like having more money, losing weight, having a home with a big dining room so my family can always eat together at mealtime....) that's great, but those are just things to aim for. They won't necessarily make me a better person.

5. How do you want to be remembered?
As a person who lived life well, who saw the good in people, who lived my faith & trusted God, even in tough times.

No comments: