Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 12 Summer 2008

Today was a productive day.  I got Larry & Samuel off to work and day camp early this morning and then got to work myself.  After doing the dishes, I emptied out our cabinet that holds all the spices & baking needs (powdered & brown sugars, pudding mixes, etc).  We've had a countertop rotary thing that holds the spices for a long time, but I decided it was time to get rid of it.  When we moved into this house, I really thought I needed it because we downsized on cabinet space but after 3 years here, I can admit that it just takes up counterspace and I rarely use those little bottles of spices.  I dumped the spices back into their original bottles & washed all the bottles & lids and listed it on Freecycle.  It's on my porch now waiting for its new owner to arrive & retrieve it.

When I was done with dishes & spice bottles, I moved into my bedroom where I made the bed & sorted through a bunch of clothes I've been meaning to get rid of.  I listed those on Freecycle as well and have them loaded into my van now.  Their new owner is coming to my school tomorrow to get them from me.

By the time I finished that, it was time to do some laundry & feed the girls their lunches.  After lunch, I did some more laundry and read a couple of emails before getting a little drowsy.  I hadn't spent much time w/ the girls all morning, so I watched TV with them for a little while & ended up dozing a bit.  I never really got comfortable though, so the dozing wasn't exactly restful.  I ended up feeling guilty for dozing off during time I had planned to hang out w/ the girls....but I guess they didn't mind much.  They seemed happy that I was there---sleepy or not.

I got up in time to go pick up Samuel from day camp and come back home to do a little more laundry and post my rant (below).  It's just about time to feed everyone again & head off to church.   :::sigh:::  These are exciting days, I tell ya.  ha ha!

No comments: