Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
Honestly, I have never given this 5 seconds of thought, so I don't know how I feel about cursive handwriting.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
I don't have a smart phone. Actually, I'd probably be classified as "low tech". We don't own a DVR/Tivo thing. We don't have smart phones. We still have a landline phone at home. And one of them is corded. We don't have built-in GPS systems in our cars (or phones). We don't have a Netflix account either.

I know....it's like we're dinosaurs, huh? ha ha!

Seriously, I like to keep paper records of things. I like paperwork & details. I do have a cell phone but it's only for making phone calls, sending/receiving texts (which I type on a keypad the size of 2 postage stamps---the only kind w/ the letters on the numbers so if I want to make a B, I have to press the 2 button twice) and taking blurry pictures that aren't useful to anyone.

And we're just fine with all that. To get any of those things we don't have above, it costs money. And well...we're still looking for the money tree.

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
Seriously? I'd grab the computer. Lots of pictures & files that I'd like to save if possible. (By the way, anybody got a few spare thumb drives I could have? I really need to back up things again!!!)

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Grew up in the country & loved it. Got married & moved into town & love that too. But I don't think you'd classify our little town as the big city. From one city limit sign to the other, it takes about 2.5 minutes to drive. Or if you really felt ambitious you could walk it. We have less than 10,000 people here. No hospitals or big stores. A few restaurants and there is talk that they might be building a hotel. But that's it. And I like it. If you threw me into a more metropolitan city, I'd die from daily panic attacks. No thank you, no sirree! Give me a little town anyday!

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
I'd love to be in the market for a new house & have the chance to go on House Hunters. But I want Sandra Rinamato to be my realtor (she's on a different HGTV show that we wouldn't qualify for).

Of course, Larry jokes that Michelle Duggar is my hero. I don't know that I'd qualify her as that and I'm pretty sure she'd blush & shy away from that title... but I DO think she is pretty amazing. I love her calm, quiet, patient nature with all her kids. I could certainly take some lessons in that regard. I feel like I've grown leaps & bounds in that manner since my kids have gotten a little older, but I still have a ways to go. While I don't completely agree with all the things their family does in raising their kids, I can't really name any parent who I totally & completely agree with 100%. But she's pretty awesome, so maybe I'd go on their show, too!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I don't have a smart phone either! And I talked about the Duggars today too! The one thing I do have is a Netflix account I find that the $10 a month one movie out at a time unlimited instant movies on my computer plan is money saving for me rather than renting them at the movie rental place for 4 or 5 dollars a piece plus late fees!