Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I find some of the most fun blog memes over on my friend RACHEL's blog. This is one of them.

1. When you are on a plane and the kid behind you is kicking your seat, what do you do?

Luckily, I've never had to deal with that, so I'm not 100% sure how I'd handle it. I am so anti-confrontational, though, that I'd probably just put up with it, even after it got annoying, for the sake of keeping from having to make a fuss over it.

2. What food that you KNOW is bad for you and you shouldn’t have, but you love/eat it anyway?
Really? I can only name one? I have a whole list.
*Stouffer's frozen mac & cheese
*Ben & Jerry's icecream
*Pizza (I realize it can be made healthfully & I do like veggie pizza....but that's not the only kind I love!)
*Fried chicken
*Bologna & hot dogs (I know....probably the worst things on this whole list with all the preservatives & nitrates & lack of real meat in them!!!)
*Dr. Pepper

Note: Due to my fun tummy issues with IBS, I can't have a lot of dairy all at one time....and fried stuff does a number on me....and sodas make me, well, you don't want to know....and greasy foods give me trouble. So I guess you can see how much of these foods I can really ENJOY. ha ha! They all haunt me!!

3. What is your favorite book of all time?
The one that most readily comes to mind is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. But I have a lot of others that would qualify as 'favorites' for other reasons as well.

4. If I came to visit you in your town, where would we eat?
We have lots of awesome Mexican places, so I'd probably take you to one of those.

5. You have 500 dollars and 40 minutes to spend it at any store you want. Where do you go?
Lane Bryant ---shopping spree for me! (And ok, gotta be honest here. Once in a while, I read on my friends' blogs how they 'name-drop' a brand name or a store name & they've gotten emails from the company offering them gifts for mentioning them on their blog. I would totally love LB even more if they were to do something like that here. Anybody got some connections to the folks at Lane Bryant? Hook a friend up!)

6. What blog do you read every day/the most often?
I scroll through the blogroll on the right side of this page every night to see who's posted something. And I check all the new posts. (Don't worry. I've never ever ever had a night when they've ALL posted something at one time!)

7. What’s the longest you’ve ever been stuck at an airport?
That would be in 1991. I was on a mission trip to New York City. We had spent about a week and a half there doing VBS at a church in Harlem & site seeing. It was a great trip. All teenaged girls with 3 adult leaders. So much fun! But when we got ready to come home...mercy, that was interesting. I can't remember all the details about what happened, but I know we sat on the runway in NYC for a long time. By the time we landed to switch planes in Cleveland, our flight should've already landed in Dallas and all our families were THERE waiting for us. Several of us were able to call people who could get in touch with them in Dallas and let them know our flight was delayed. By the time we got home, we were hours & hours & hours later than we should've been. All I remember is that Delta had to buy our entire group new tickets for a flight home on American Airlines because they had messed up so bad. And we barely made that flight...running through the airport, dragging suitcases & praying aloud as we ran. We were quite a sight, I'm sure!

8. What’s your daily makeup/face/cleansing routine?
Morning: astringent, then moisturizer before make up
Night (hanging head....if I remember....sleep in makeup lots of nights!): creamy cleanser, then astringent, then Oil of Olay for nighttime moisturizer

9. Where is your farthest away friend?
My daughter's pen pal lives in Singapore & I'm friends with her mom on Facebook.

10. Where is your favorite place to go hiking (or to enjoy nature)?
It's all good...I can enjoy the mountains or beach or wherever as long as it's peaceful & quiet.

No comments: