Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blog Stats

Over on my friend's blog a couple days ago, she posted about her blog's statistics. Blogspot has a great feature that allows you to check all of these things for free. It got me curious about my own blog info, so I had to look it up & see. Like Courtney, I found some interesting things. For example......

Since I began this blog in February 2006 (originally on another website--it was transferred here in October 2008), I've had 13,923 views. I have no idea if that's only since I moved the blog to this website or if that's including the previous site's views. But none the less, in the past 5 years, nearly 14,000 people have stopped by. Wow. That seems pretty crazy since many days my posts are complete nonsense.

I thought it was neat to see that the top 5 most read posts (in this order) were:
1. Day 30 -- Things I Love
2. The Faith of a Child
3. Money Savings Tips and Ideas Part 1
4. 13 months, 396 days, 9504 hours, 570,240 minutes
5. Do you trust me?

People search for really strange things to get here. I mean really, who searched for "my feet are around the world" to get to my blog??? And while I think "groups children hugs family" and "great bible scripture" are very sweet ways to find me, I don't think I've ever had a post with either of these titles. And while I am a big fan of hers, it's a little surprising to see that someone searched for "Lisa Whelchel" & ended up on my blog. Maybe I've referred to her book Creative Correction more times than I thought I had? And what on earth is "fkk kids"??? I don't even know what that is, but it led someone to this website.

And perhaps the most interesting thing I learned was where all my readers live. I knew that I had people in the USA reading. Obviously, I live here & so does my family. But who knew I had readers in countries across the Atlantic & around the world from me?! Wow. That's pretty humbling.

Canada
291

Germany
192

Russia
179

United Kingdom
140

Netherlands
122

Australia
74

Denmark
63

Slovenia
63

India
57

If you are reading this from any country other than the United States, please post a comment & tell me where you are from and how you found my blog. I'm just a little bit amazed that 57 of you are reading this in India tonight!

Wherever you are as you read this, thank YOU for reading this blog. And please, stop searching for me with weird words....just bookmark the page so you can find it again, ok? (grin)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love some of the searches that lead people to my blog they crack me up all the time! It is amazing when you realize how far reaching our little blogs really are!