Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's funny how God provides.


A few days ago, Samuel came to me & asked if he'd still be able to go on an uncoming youth group trip. It's just a day trip to a city not far away, but we'd have to pay $50 registration for him to attend. I had already signed him up, but told the youth pastor we'd have to wait until closer to time to pay for it. So when he asked a few days ago, I told him I'd have to check the bank account & make sure we had $50 to spare. He pulled $10 out of his own pocket & said he'd like to pay for part of it himself. Honestly, I haven't checked the checkbook for the other $40 since then because I was afraid we wouldn't have it. Between the dog having to go to the vet and Samuel's eye check up today and a couple other 'extra' expenses that we don't normally have to factor into our budget, I wasn't sure if we'd be able to spare any more money.

I had not given it a whole lot of thought until today. I had really just put it out of my mind & hoped to pull the money from my paycheck on the 14th.

WELL........God had other plans.

Today we went to the eye doctor and then to Savannah's orthodontist appointment to have her braces removed (more about that later) and the church library to check out books. When we got home, there was a card in the mail. It was a blank thank you card. No return address, no signature. And folded inside it was $40.

Coincidence? I don't think so. That has someone else's fingerprints ALL OVER IT!

***If the person who sent this sweet little gift to us is reading this: THANK YOU!***

No comments: